“But what if I come off as creepy?”
This is a a common source of anxiety for a lot of people in their dating lives, especially for those of us who are considering “making the first move” – be it flirting, telling someone we’re into them or asking someone out on a first date. This fear can be amplified in the case of men who want to approach women – no one wants to be THAT guy!
So what is the definition or essence of creepiness? Is it just a case of social awkwardness gone wrong? And is there any easy way to check if what we’re doing will be seen as creepy or does creepiness – like beauty – lie in the eye of the beholder?
Dr. Valeria and I will be discussing this and more in the dating-focused Episode 63 of the Get Sex Smart podcast. Have a listen to learn:
- what is the difference between being creepy and being socially awkward or shy and whether or not they are actually related
- the defining trait of creepy behaviours and easy ways to tell if your behaviour might be creepy to others
- the hidden reasons for ending up in the “friendzone” and ways to avoid that situation altogether
- advice about how to completely creepy-proof your interactions
- why the friendzone narrative is unhelpful, distortive and makes it harder to make an actual approach
- what it feels like to be on the receiving end of creepy behaviour as a woman
If you have any burning questions related to dating, sex, and relationships, don’t forget to share them below!
Feeling shy? You can always send the questions in complete confidence to email@example.com. I read every email, and your question may be answered in an upcoming post, video, or podcast!
Want to be kept in the loop and learn more awesome dating tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss an episode!