Much of the dating advice we come across (both online and offline) these days also involves dealing with the topic of sex and intimacy. Unfortunately, even if we give it the benefit of doubt and assume it is well-intentioned, a lot of the advice we see is inaccurate and can have a lasting negative impact on our relationships and sex life. Advice that is based on myths, false assumptions, harmful gender stereotypes, and general sex-negativity can have a lasting impact on how we approach intimacy and as sex professionals, Dr. Valeria and I often see the result of following this advice in the clients that seek our help.
For this reason we recorded an episode where we address five types of problematic dating advice out there and explain why following it not only won’t help you have good sex now but can also have very negative consequences for your sexual relationship long-term.
By listening to episode 57 of the Get Sex Smart Podcast you will learn:
- why falling into the Madonna/whore dynamic never ends well
- how making women the gatekeepers of sex carries over to issues in the bedroom
- why putting your needs and boundaries on the backburner is never a good idea – even (especially) at the beginning of a relationship
- the negative impact of having a scaricity mindset when dating
- why being your genuine self is a prerequisite to having truly amazing sex
- the importance of coming from a place of worthiness and being your (best) authentic self
If you have any burning questions related to dating, sex, and relationships, don’t forget to share them below!
Feeling shy? You can always send the questions in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. I read every email, and your question may be answered in an upcoming post, video, or podcast!
Want to be kept in the loop and learn more awesome dating tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss an episode!